Sunday, April 1, 2012

More Green Smoothies

I have been meaning to post some more green smoothies on here for quite a while.
Remember, when I told you all I went on a yeast cleanse?
Well, the only way I survived the 
(no sugar, no honey, no sucanat, no dried fruit, no vinegar, no cheese, no smiling :)) 
3 weeks was because of green smoothies.
Seriously, I love the taste (promise you will too after a while) and they are so filling.
I discovered a few more recipes that I love and I thought I would share.
Orange Coconut
2 cups water
1 Tbsp flax seed
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 handfuls of spinach
2-3 big leaves of Kale
1 banana
1 orange
2 drops of wild orange essential oil (optional)
ice

Super yummy! 
And these measurements are a total guess, I usually just wing my smoothies.

Parsley Smoothie
1/2 bunch curly parsley
1 orange
1 banana
1 c water
ice

And I think I have posted this one on here, but I love this smoothie
Banana Kale Smoothie
1-2 cups water, rice milk, or almond milk
1 banana
3-4 large leaves Kale
1 Tbsp flax seed
1-2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
ice.

There you are. Hope you try them and let me know what you think.
Just remember that when it comes to green smoothies...less is more.
Don't put a tiny bit of greens and then try to mask the taste by putting in sweetened yogurts,
concentrated juices, and sugar. The result will be a muddy nasty drink, 
plus it kind of defeats the purpose of trying to be healthy.
Also, listen to your body. Right now I am not craving green smoothies, 
so I am trusting that I don't need them as much right now.
Just like the best diet book in the world says (D&C 89) eat food in season.
And I would add to trust your body. It knows what it needs.
Happy Health!

No comments: