Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter @ our place.

easter baskets


 (we're  a bunch of weirdos around here)
our temple












 (love the Rockstar in this one. typical.)





The Easter bunny made a morning visit loading us up with kites, pez, new shoes, toys, kites, bibs, and swimsuits.
The kiddos were stoked to see it all.
We rummaged thru everything and then booked it to church (9am is a kicker)
Easter Sunday was beautiful. Every talk brought me to tears and then in Young Womens, I was toast!
Each of the leaders shared their favorite story about the Savior and then bore testimony.
I chose the story of the woman with the blood issue for 12 years who was healed when she touched Christ's robe.
She had suffered for over a decade (back then, women bleeding were considered filthy and were shunned from society) She had spent all her money going from Dr to Dr, but nothing worked.
She knew that if she could just touch his clothing, she would be healed.
(I want that faith)
She was healed immediately. And the Savior called her his. 
Daughter, Be of good comfort, thy faith hath made thee whole. Go now in peace.
I love that he took the time to stop and talk with her.
(he was on his way to bring Jairus' daughter back alive)
I have read that scripture countless times in my life Luke 8:48 
It has helped me so much. I always feel like he is speaking to me.
Beautiful.

After church we drove up to the temple with the Olsons to take some pictures.
We hung around for a little while and just enjoyed our Easter together.
Later, we watched Testaments and made a commitment to do all the bunny stuff on the Saturday before.
I think Sunday needs to be left for the real reason we celebrate.
(somebody please remind me of this plan next year.)

a testimony
He lives.
I have a testimony of that.
It is stronger this year than it was last year, and I hope that my knowledge of him will continue to increase.
Jesus Christ came on this Earth. He walked the dusty roads of Jerusalem, Nazareth, Galilee, Cana, and others :)
He taught, loved, served, healed, shared, prayed, and administered unto all that would hear him.
He atoned for my sins and every single other person who has ever and will ever live.
He suffered without complaint.
He was wrongly accused and put to death by the very people who were "waiting for him to come"
He was crucified.
But he, the son of God, came back. He was resurrected.
I know this to be true, and I am so very grateful to be a Christian.
May my life reflect his in any way possible will always be my prayer.

happy easter!

2 comments:

Tricia Lovato said...

9 am church is so hard on Easter. We got there a little late and we stuck way in the back. It makes it so hard to hear. i love your testimony. I agree that I hate feeling like the bunny stuff interferes with the true meaning of Easter. I love the pictures at the Temple. Beautiful! 2 beautiful families :) BTW....is that Dry shampoo I spy next to the kids baskets.....oh my heavens that is my saving grace. I LOVE that stuff!!!!! My Mom bought me that when I started home schooling Jereth. I had heard about it but never used it and I am in love. It is the best! Looks like you guys had a great Easter!

erica said...

cutest little easter family!