Sunday, October 27, 2013

Who in the world has a splash pad in their back yard!?

Um, we do.
Well, our Landlords do,
but for $1450 a month
(plus a $600 monthly power bill....yes you read that right. freak!)
We do!
{September 26, 2013} 
This move has not been an easy one.
I'm sure I haven't covered this on here before, but our old hood was a dream ;)
The kids had friends in just about every house on our street, and there was always a party going on.
We now live in the center of downtown, and I'm pretty sure we are the youngest family on our block by a few decades.
The kids truly don't have many kids to play with and, although, I am making progress with Mabel and Gertrude, I'm not sure they will be inviting me out to ice cream anytime soon.
Thank goodness for the cute little hispanic family across the street, who despite not knowing a lick of English, wave their hands frantically and holla (from their hammocks) every time we step out on our porch.
:)
It has definitely been hard to adjust to the lack of little knocks at my door and the quietness,
but this back yard has definitely made for an easier adjustment.
I mean really. Somebody pinch me. 



















We are hoping to build soon and drop our power bill by a few 100 dollars,
PS. we keep our temp at 82 in the summer, so its not like we're overdoing the ac. 
but I am pretty sure we will miss this pad.
It's been pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So you told me you had a splash pad in your backyard, but this, cupcake, is INSANE!!! WHAT?! It is better than most public splash pads! I can't get over it.

We miss your little knocks at our door too.